Prescription Diet Pills - What are the pros and cons?
There are two types of diet pills on the counter:
- Prescription Diet pills prescribed by a licensed medical dietician. These is commonly known as Prescription Medication. These may cause side – effects if not used properly. The medicinal effects usually outweigh risks which is why it is prescribed and regulated strictly by a licensed medical dietician.
- Prescription weight loss pills which you can buy over the counter and allowed by reliable accrediting bodies in your country, FDA authorities, EU directives, and scientific studies.
Medications of prescribed pill given by medical dietician for nutrition enthusiasts serves us medicines to cure obesity and over weight tendencies, it is helping the body regulate a healthy nutritious lifestyle and it is usually temporary. Prescribed slimming pills are not the answer to all your weight loss problems, but it is a help to facilitate your way to a nutritious healthy life.
When are prescription diet pills necessary?
There are two categories of body mass indexes when prescription diet pills are necessary:
- If you have 30 BMI and you don't have any obesity problems.
- If you have 27 BMI and more; and you do have obesity problems.
Classes of Prescription Diet Pills
- Fat absorption inhibitors are prescribed pills for fat absorption. It has side effects like oil spotting, loose and oily tools and some minor discomfort. When under medication of Fat absorption inhibitors it is necessary to take dietary supplements like beta carotene and Vitamins A, D, E, and K. The vitamins are usually taken on a different schedule from the time fat absorption inhibitors are taken.
- Medications Prescribed for Obesity, these are pills called Appetite – suppressants pills. These are medicines for obese patients and it naturally suppresses appetites to have weight loss. Common examples of appetite suppressants are Meridia, Bontril, Ionamin, Adipex P, Mazanor, Sanorex, Tenuate and Direx. These contain sibutramine, amphetamine compounds such as phentermine, and amphetamines.
How do they work?
Alli, Xenical, and Meridia are medically proven and approved by FDA to help lose fats up to 30% of fat intake daily or 5 – 22 pounds in one year. You can lose up to 50% of your body fat if it is supported with physical exercise and body building workouts and nutritious food intake. Energy food intake such as carbohydrates, fats and protein are regulated by a dietician and is only eaten when necessary.
Side effects caused by these medicines are loose oily stool and oil spotting. The degree of these side effects will depend from person to person. These medicines are usually taken in with dietary supplements of A,B,E and K plus beta carotene. The supplements are taken at a different schedule of these prescription slimming pills. The medicine is taken only for a specific period of time.
What risks am I facing taking these pills?
Taking dieting pills will always have a risk, like taking medicines. Doctors prescribed them because the benefits outweigh the risks. Here are some tips on what subjects you need to know by asking your medical dietician:
- Side effects are usually regulated by the attending physician. This is different from one person to another. It can be unpleasant though. It is important to discuss this with your doctor and how to avoid getting embarrassed when the side effect manifests itself. Common side effects are oil spotting, oily and loose stools and release of unnecessary carbon dioxide outside the body.
- Prescription diet pills tolerance is possible but not yet proven. It is possible for people who stopped loosing weight after 6 months of taking prescribed diet pills because they stopped their healthy lifestyle.
- Addiction is rare but some prescribed diet pills have substances which can be addictive.
What are the documented side effects?
Documented side effects are:
- Fast heart beat rate
- High blood pressure
- Unnecessary sweating
- Stomach Constipation
- Excessive Thirst
- Dry mouth
- Stuffy nose
- Unexplainable Anxiety
Prescription weight loss pills are not long term nutritious supplement. Prescription diet pills are there to facilitate weight loss and it's up to you to maintain your weight and elegance by nutritious food and exercise. There are some points to consider how you can maximize prescribed slimming pills.
- It is important to make exercise and body building as part of your daily routine for the rest of your life.
- Choose nutrition for life and eat intelligently not impulsively.
- Avoid pills that are just recommended by friends but are not clinically tested. These pills when not regulated can have harmful side effects.
- Synthetic dieting pills are dangerous to your health when not regulated and prescribed.
- Gaining back your weight after 6 months of painstaking weight loss regimen is possible without proper maintenance of healthy nutrition, body building, and exercise.
- Prescribed dieting pills should always be regulated and prescribed by the doctor.
- It is best to discuss with your doctor your other ailments before considering taking prescribed dieting pills.
- You have to know the risks of prescribed dieting pills to avoid embarrassment.
Is it possible to take dieting pills without prescription?
An effective slimming pill is natural and safe. Proactol is a slimming pill which can help you in your weight loss program without worrying about the side effects and is backed up with 4 clinical studies. It is a non-prescription weight loss products and it helps your body bind fats up to 28% of your daily intake.
It is helpful for your life time aim of having nutrition, healthy and attractive life.
The good news is Proactol slimming pill is in fact natural, and backed up by numerous laboratory studies.
As a gift, get FREE Ebook "A Guide To Healthty Living"